Welcome to RE week
During this special RE week, we will be learning about the Christian faith, God and forgiveness.
You will have an activity to do each day which we suggest you complete during the afternoon instead of Science, Topic and Art.
Please upload a minimum of 1 piece of work to Tapestry.
Monday 1st February
1. Read the parable of 'The Lost Son.' It is also known as 'The Prodigal Son.' A parable is a story with a hidden meaning. This parable was said to be told by Jesus, to help us to understand how God would like us to behave. This story is about a father forgiving his son.
2. In each thought bubble, think or write down how that person might be feeling. For example, happy, angry or excited. Can you explain why?
3. What message do you think Jesus was trying to teach us about God? He was teaching us about forgiveness.
Tuesday 2nd February
1. Think back to the parable of The Lost Son. Which character forgave the son? Jesus teaches Christians that God is like the father in the story. Why do you think this is?
2. See if you can remember the story with the 'Story sequencing' activity.
Wednesday 3rd February
1. Jesus teaches Christians that God is like the Father in our story. Christians believe that God is loving and forgiving, like a parent or grandparent.
2. Use the template to draw a picture of your mummy, daddy, grandad or grandma. Add hair, eyes, nose, mouth and ears, but leave the rest of the outline empty.
3. What does you mummy, daddy, grandad or grandma do to show that they love you? Perhaps they give you cuddles, take you swimming or cook you your favourite dinner? On the inside of your picture, write down how they show you that they love you.
4. What do you do to show your mummy, daddy, grandad or grandma that you love them? Perhaps you help them with the housework, draw them pictures or hold their hand? Around the outside of your picture, write down what you do to show them that you love them.
5. God wants Christians to remember that love goes both ways.
Thursday 4th February
1. The parable of the Lost Son teaches that God is loving like a _______________. Christians want to show that they love God, just like we show our family that we love them. How do you think that Christians show God that they love him? Share your ideas with your family.
2. Have a look at the ideas below. Try to act out one of the ideas and see if your family can guess what you are doing.
- singing and praising
- praying - saying why you love God
- reading about God in the Bible
- loving other people
- forgiving people
- going to church
3. Draw a picture to show your ideas. Write and complete this sentence below your drawing: Christians show God that they love him by _______________________.
Friday 5th February
1. In our parable, the father forgives his son for moving far away and spending all the money he gave him. Can you think of a time at home or at school where someone did something wrong? Perhaps they spoilt someone else's work, took their brother's chocolate or said something unkind? What should you say if you do something wrong?
2. At school, we forgive each other when we do something wrong. We say sorry and remember that we all make mistakes. Imagine that you have spent the afternoon making a Duplo model. One of your friends is not looking where they are going and ends up standing on your model and breaking it. Your friend says 'sorry,' but how do you feel? Do you find it hard to forgive them? How do you think your friend would feel if you didn't forgive them by saying 'that's ok' or by not being their friend? Perhaps you could act out a scenario with someone at home.
3. Listen to this song about forgiveness and remember that Christians believe that God is loving and forgiving.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: