Hi Larch Class
Here is your English learning for this week. We are going to be learning about facts. Please complete the learning in order. There will be powerpoints and worksheets to help you and activities to complete.
You will find general English resources in the 'Subject overviews' folder. These will help you with your letter formation and spelling.
As always, please feel free to email or give us a ring and we will do what we can to support you.
Tapestry: Please upload a minimum of 1 writing piece of work per day to Tapestry. Logins have been sent out, please let us know if you have any difficulties.
Monday 1st February
Either: Write at least 2 sentences describing what you did at the weekend.
Or: Write at least 2 sentences describing what you would have liked to have done at the weekend. You can be as creative as you like!
Draw a picture to illustrate your writing.
Use 'The Perfect Sentence' mat to help you.
Tuesday 2nd February
1. A fact is a statement which is.......Think of 3 facts about the Arctic or Antarctica.
2. Play 'What's in the box?' by reading the facts and matching them to the animals
3. Make your own 'What's in the box?' game by drawing 3 animals and writing 3 facts about one of those animals. You can either use the template provided or you might have a cardboard box at home where you can draw pictures or find toy animals to put inside.
Wednesday 3rd February
We can find facts from lots of different places. We can use the internet, read books or talk to others to find out information. Where else could we find facts?
1. Here is an information powerpoint about animals which live in Antarctica. Ask a grown-up to help your to read through the powerpoint. Now highlight the facts that you read in a different colour pen or point them out to a grown-up.
2. Choose your favourite animal that you have read about. Now use the internet or a book to find out a different interesting fact about your animal. The WWF website has some great facts. Your grown-up can help you to find your fact.
3. Copy your fact into the fact template.
Thursday 4th February
1. Play 'What am I?' with your family. Think of an animal. Ask a grown-up to ask you questions about your animal. You can only answer 'fact' if it is right or 'no' if it's not. For example, 'Does it swim?' 'Fact!' 'Can it fly?' 'No!' Try swapping roles so that you have to ask the questions.
2. Choose an animal you found out about yesterday or choose a different Antarctic animal.
3. Answer the 'fact or not' questions and write your own.
Friday 5th February
We are now going to apply everything we have learnt over the last 2 weeks and write a fact file about an animal which lives in the Arctic or in Antarctica.
1. Using your own facts and facts from the activities, write a fact file about your chosen animal. Have a look at the example to help you.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: